Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Friends and then some.....

Have you wondered like i often do how friends, whom you feel so close to just drift apart?
I know people change, circumstances change but i still wonder......
My friend and i were chatting the other day and she was saying the same thing. we were lamenting on loss of contact with a close friend who recently got married. We were an inseparable trio,then she got married and lo, havent heard from her in months. I know friends fall in love, move to another city, get married and so on but that does mean friends need to drift apart???? yeah, i know i am being emotional but does it have to be that way? In the blink of an eye your relationship changes..... from being joined at the hip you become distant. do those people regret it too? do they miss their friends too or its just people like me.... impractical, sentimental who think this way?
There is the other end of the spectrum, where people try real hard to maintain the relationship even after equations change.But that breed is very rare. I hope i am one of them.
I remember friends whom i have shared my innermost thoughts with, laughed with, cried my heart out, shared their feelings, lend a shoulder to cry on.... now those friends are mere acquaintances and it hurts. I cringe at the thought of saying hello cos i remember the good old times and wish if they cant come back at least something better then a hello....
some practical soul will say maybe the relationship was not meant to be, life goes on.... yes it does, i know . But could we make the effort to keep friendships alive? could we make new friends and at the same time strive to keep the old?
I believe that in life we need enough money to survive, a comfortable home, a good job we love and the company of good friends.
could the good friends and the not so good/ distant ones please step forward??

5 comments:

  1. Friend , dats true so somehow i feel we should leave thngs at dre end coz some people are just dat with friends in inverted commas....not for anythngs else wat we call emotions....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mam, aapka har ek word sahi hai, aaj kal ki daud ti bhaagti zindagi mey aisa hi hota hai. ya toh humara frnd circle itna bada ho jata hai ki hum apne purane frnds retain nahi kar paate ya toh hum khud k liye hi jeene lagte hai. Frndship tabhi zinda reh sakti hai jab hum usse zinda rakhna chaahe.
    ek haath se taali nahi bajti.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Xactly mam u r right...the one who had share the bad time n gud time wit us,nw dey r no more wit us...so it also hurts me...im also 2 sentimental...n i also wnt 2 loose a single frnd...however we hav 2 face da truth n move on...Dats LIFE...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, happened to pass by ur blog.. I got married recently and my friends do have the same complaint like you have. One thing I would like to tell you is that "Good friendship never changes".. You dont catch up for a while doesn't mean the relation is broken.. Probably you ll realise it better once you get married.. :)cos the phase that the girl goes thro' after her wedding is a real tuff one..
    "Good friends understand you and stand by you irrespective of the diatance"

    You wont beleive what my friend said when I told her that I am unable to keep in touch with them properly. She said' "I trust my Friend and If she doesn't call me, I know she has some reason behind it. I would wait for her" Most importantly we in our gang lack ego. Its been 7 years now.. and it ll last our lifetime..I thank my gang ..
    (I have put my thoughts in here just as i would tell my friends, Forgive if it bored you..)

    ReplyDelete
  5. http://ritchielive.blogspot.com/

    Chk this out....
    it says it all...

    ReplyDelete